LIXIL Canada Inc. LIMITED WARRANTY FOR PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
LIXIL Canada Inc. warrants plumbing parts and accessories (other than those products covered by a specific American Standard limited warranty, including warranties for specific toilets, tubs, shower doors, and sinks) against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for ONE (1) year from the date of first purchase. This warranty is provided for the exclusive benefit of the initial purchaser or owner. This warranty is non-transferable to subsequent purchasers or owners. The sole exception to the non-transferability of this warranty is that if this product is purchased by a plumber, contractor or other service provider, this warranty extends to the first owner on whose behalf the product was purchased for installation. This warranty applies only to parts and accessories installed in the United States of America, Canada or Mexico.
If a defect arises and a valid claim is received, American Standard will, at its option, either repair or replace the defective product free of charge. The decision whether to repair or replace is determined by American Standard in its sole discretion. Proof of purchase (original sales receipt) must be provided to American Standard with all warranty claims.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1. This warranty only applies to products manufactured after January 1, 2017.
2. This warranty only applies to products purchased through an authorized AS America, Inc. dealer or re-seller.
3. This warranty does not apply to defects or damage caused by non-genuine American Standard parts, installation error, product abuse, product misuse, improper maintenance, improper care or cleaning, and/or improper repair or installation (whether performed by you, a plumber, a contractor or a service company).
4. American Standard is not responsible for labor charges and/or damage incurred during installation, repair or replacement.
5. American Standard does not warrant that this product and/or its installation complies with local code requirements. American Standard recommends that you consult with a plumbing contractor about local code requirements.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AMERICAN STANDARD HEREBY EXCLUDES SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state (or province, as applicable).