GROHE Fact Sheet
Global Brand GROHE
GROHE faucet and shower products are distributed in more than 180 countries and represent nearly 80 years of excellence in European design, innovation, engineering and quality. GROHE America’s headquarters are in the heart of the Flatiron district and houses the GROHELive! Center, an interactive showroom created for inspiration and collaboration.
The GROHE Group is the world’s leading provider of sanitary fittings, comprising Grohe AG, Hemer, Hamburg and other subsidiaries in foreign markets. With its global GROHE brand, the GROHE Group relies on its brand values quality, technology, design and responsibility to deliver “Pure Freude an Wasser” (Pure Joy of Water). In 2014, GROHE became part of the LIXIL Group Corporation, a publicly listed company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. LIXIL is the global market leader in the sanitary ware industry, managing a broad portfolio of well-known household brands such as GROHE, American Standard, and INAX. It is also Japan’s leading provider of housing and building materials, products and services.
GROHE Americas Product Portfolio
- Faucets, Accessories, Wall Carriers
- Shower Heads & Body Sprays, Shower Systems, Hand Showers, Private SPA, Accessories, Thermostats
- Faucets, Accessories
- A state-of-the-art product portfolio is developed in an integrated innovation process, driven primarily by the in-house Design, R&D and production teams.
- The “Made in Germany” labels the German production and is a seal of quality.
- More than 240 design and innovation awards in the last ten years alone mark the success of GROHE.
- The consequent use of GROHE products in internationally outstanding buildings shows the sustainable preference of architects, designers and developers
1936 Friedrich Grohe sets up shop in Hemer
1948 Foundation of Friedrich Grohe Armaturenfabrik
1956 GROHE buys Carl Nestler
1983 Company founder Friedrich Grohe dies
1994 Takeover of the DAL Group by Friedrich Grohe AG
1997 Opening of the GROHE Design Center, Hemer
2004 Acquisition by an investment syndicate comprising TPG and Credit Suisse
2006 Brand campaign “GROHE – Enjoy Water®”
2007 Corporate Center (incl. Design Studio) relocates to Düsseldorf
2009 GROHE Technology Center opened in Hemer; Hemer plant wins “Die Beste Fabrik” award
2011 GROHE Design Team is “red dot: design team of the year 2011”
2013 New brand campaign “Pure Freude an Wasser”; launch of GROHE Professional
2014 Acquisition of GROHE by the LIXIL Group; GROHE is ranked among the top 3 companies in the German Sustainability Award (special award ‘Resource Efficiency’)
2015 New campaign “Masters of Technology”; GROHE is ranked among the top 3 “Germany’s Most Sustainable Major Companies of 2015” in the German Sustainability Award; GROHE publishes first Sustainability Report
2016 GROHE is “Innovator of the Year 2016” in consumer goods category (survey brand eins Wissen and Statista)
GROHE Americas Social Media